Supervising LPC Interns
We are currently accepting applications from a limited number of LPC-Interns that show potential for success and ethical behavior in this demanding field. We charge $60 per weekly supervision session, and, in return, we will provide the below training:
- Individual weekly sessions and group supervision when feasible.
- Feedback and guidance on counseling techniques, application of theories, differential diagnosis, and ethics.
- Review of case notes and/or video- taped client sessions as is appropriate.
- Access to office space for evening and weekend sessions if interning with practice.
- Didactic sessions on starting and maintaining a private practice.
- Counseling experience in individual and couple.
- Opportunities to lead psychoeducational groups.
Interview Material Required:
- Resume highlighting coursework, previous practicums, and relevant work experience.
- Transcript of completed coursework.
- Three letters of reference.
- Criminal background check (optional).
- Documentation verifying student liability insurance.
Texas State Requirements
- Masters Degree in counseling from an accredited university and completion of all classes and practicum as required by the LPC Board. For information go to www.dshs.state.tx.us/counselor
- Successful completion of the National Counselor Exam (NCE) Interview with potential supervisor and supervision contract signed by both parties.
- Application for LPC Licensure, Practicum Documentation, and Supervisory Agreement Form sent to the Texas State Board of Examiners in Austin. Please know that it may take as long as six weeks for the application to be processed.
For more information regarding supervision, use our online contact form at the top of the page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us at 940-566-3600.